Workshop Week 1

Week01 Robert Byrne Brimage B00089106

Very happy with the introduction to the course.
I was excited when I discovered we will be developing a game, as I have previous experience with UNITY due to a course I did in the past. During that course I found the game making and engine very easy to use and grasp, and as an extra it was fun!

 
Image result for sunglasses emoji


In my previous course we were not in groups whilst making the game so I did as I pleased, I would be skeptical over working in groups to make a game simply because I am unaware of how two or more people could work on the same game at the same time on different computers, with different game design philosophies. Wouldn't there need to be similarities in the game to make it more professional?

Nevertheless I am very excited to develop this game whether I will be working in a group or doing it by myself.

I am happy with the independence giving to me during this course. The trust you put on us to do the work independently is good, I think the independent study is suitable to the course material as we will be watching many tutorials to help us with the learning of UNITY (This was also done in my previous course).

The explanation of the course material and what is expected of us was deliver without problem, I'm very happy with what is expected and have no problem. I am very eager to leave this year with a very good piece of work to add to my portfolio.

The lecture was very informative, the slides used were good and easy to read. The explanation was good and I could follow everything.

Writing about my experience is new, it will take some time to get used to coming back to blog about what I have done over the week. The only time I could see this being a hurdle would be nearing deadlines. I understand the benefit of doing this, it possibly works as a mind refresher and to document the progress over time.

So yeah, week 1 was good.

Over and out



Link used for photo: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1061/1924/files/Sunglasses_Emoji.png?9898922749706957214

Comments

  1. Delighted to hear you have used Unity in the past, we might be relying on you as a fountain of knowledge. We will me creating individually, but lets discuss how we would make a game with a large team(it happens) when we're creating the Game Design Document! Glad you enjoyed the first week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant to say keep an eye out for detail when reading the instructions particularly on title for posts and image credits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noted, Thanks Shaun! I'll be happy to help haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About Me

Vision Statement