Game Brainstorm

Robert Byrne Brimage B00089106

I enjoy a wide variety of games so my interest is not in a particular genre, During the first lecture I found out that we will be making a game and the first thought that came to me was a:

1: A retro plat former game. 

The visuals in this game would be made in a way they seem 8bit or 16bit, I'd like for the game to not only be fun but also LOOK fun. I'd have the user platform upwards in the level instead of moving forwards or sideways. Enemies would be located here and there however the main obstacle would be for the player to successfully jump from one plat form to another without falling and dying from fall-damage.

Image result for 3d first person platformer

Playing as an alien each goal of each level would be for the alien to return to his spaceship. When successful you get a different voice line each time congratulating the user and the alien does a cool pose to celebrate the win.

2. A First-Person shooting game. 

The player must blast his way though thugs and villains and a final boss within an allocated time frame to pass the level. The levels would be designed as so the player knows which way to go. A confusing level design wouldn't be fun in a game with a time-frame.

Image result for 1st person shooting

The game gets progressively more difficult after every level is completed. For example level one may be easy level two would be harder whilst level three would include another level in that level, and so on. I could produce the sound effects for this fast paced action game.

3. Adventure Game

Adventure though Irish History, One level would focus in on the famine. The next would be WW1, The next level and main focus could be 1916, and finally the troubles.

OR

Adventure through the history of Irish rock n Roll including all Irish bands who made it the big time!
Simple tasks can be completed but the main focus would be the musical element and potential sound track when playing the game.

4. Defend your bunker from an Invasion! 

You survived a massive infection but civilization has become infected with a terrible disease and now only look to eat other humans! You must protect your 2 story home at all costs! Shoot out the windows and see how long you can survive for!

Image result for nazi zombies

This game has the potential to entertain the user with high intensity until the user inevitably kills all the attackers.


Comments

  1. Hey Rob!

    Your retro platformer idea sounds great because I love retro style games. You can't beat some of the classics. There's just nothing better than playing an older game and getting that nostalgia feeling. Your other game ideas are pretty swell too, but I hope you choose to develop the retro platformer. I look forward to reading some more of your blogs. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Conor, thank you for your comment. Yes I do believe my ideas are quite swell. I'm excited to develop my idea further and work on them in Unity! I'd say you are too! I'll see you tomorrow, Friend! :P

      Delete
  2. Hey Rob! You've some great game ideas here looks like you did your research. I like the fourth one best, defending your bunker from an invasion is a cool idea. Anything with zombies is good. It's a good idea very original! I'd definitely give it a go. Looking forward to see what one you decide to go with! Great post Roberto!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About Me

Vision Statement