Unity Tutorial 04

Robert Byrne Brimage B00089106

How are we doing folks? Good progress in this weeks tutorial. Was a bit of a confusing one took some extra time to look at the changing the scales for the animations and such ANYWAY this is what my studying consisted of.

Finding a new cross-hair for the game, Using letters such as E as the interaction to pick up the collectible. I'll need his for my game for sure. I'd call it the "ACTION" button. Making the cross hair wasn't too difficult to follow on through, Johnny Vegas does a good job for beginners.
Coding the sound pickup was difficult but I believe it's a step that needs understanding, in modern games it's important to go the extra mile for the basics of modern games with collectibles.
Working on the environment is something I'm comfortable with, landscaping it quite enjoyable to do. Reminds me of when I used to play the SIMS and make extravagant houses with hills and mountains... but a bit more difficult.

Image result for sims level creator

Animating the axe was a bugger. Finding the axe was a task in itself  I re-watched the video and realized I missed the step of placing it on the FPS character, and then scaling it down and Centering the axe. A note I found was that whatever weapon needs animating NEEDS to be selected. That was an important bit of information. Doing key frames is similar to Premier Pro and After Effects, that was comfortable.

Using the selected "animator" has less freedom than "Animation" SO i deselected animator and Stuck to animation. Layering up the level to stop CLIPPING was okay to follow, and finally I went through with learning how to command the axe to swing.
Minecraft better watch out there's a new dog in town ... 

Thanks.

Comments

  1. Hi Robert0, I am doing good myself! The key to Unity tutorials is following step by step! Make sure you don't miss out on any KEY instructions that the tutorials have, although it may be too late to say that since you missed a CRUCIAL part of the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About Me

Vision Statement